|VersionWB is a replacement for the usual c:version command,
which uses XfdMaster.library if it's available. If you want the version
information to be presented in a requester, this program is for you.
Instead of like c:version just tell the version and revision number by
default, VersionWB always tells you all it could find.
VersionWB have these features:
- It will bring up a requester with the version information.
- It support several files in the command line parameter template.
- You can shift-doubleclick an icon with VersionWB and then get all
that version stuff.
- You may also pick the file you want to know the version number of by
using a file requester.
- It will find version strings in WB1.3 libraries and devices,
c:version does not, e.g. narrator.device.
- If you use it with ToolManager you can have an appicon in your
Workbench. Drop the icon on the appicon, and the version information
will be presented (if the file contains a version string :-)
- It also has an optional text output.
- It recognizes any packed file (uses xfdmaster.library).
- All other features of AmigaDos Version, as far as I know 8-), except
for the bugs :)
- Can be opened on a publicscreen.
- Can set the filenote of files to there versioninfo.
- Can set the filedate to the one found in the version string
- Finds files in your shell-path